Setup To Receive Money
How to set up your paypal account for selling
After you have successfully created a PayPal account, you may be interested in selling your Items on BimBuy. To do this you absolutely MUST HAVE A VISA CARD (DEBIT OR CREDIT WILL WORK), MASTERCARD AND OTHER CREDIT CARDS WILL NOT WORK FOR RECEIVING PAYMENTS IN BARBADOS!
STEP BY STEP:
YOU CAN VISIT THIS LINK TO ARRIVE AT THE CONFIRM CARD PAGE DIRECTLY. THEN RETURN TO THIS PAGE AND FOLLOW THE REST OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
If this link isn't working for you the steps to find the confirm card page are included below.
1. Visit www.paypal.com and log in to your account by clicking the ‘Log In’ button in the top right corner of your screen. Now enter the email address and password used to create the account.
2. Click the ‘My PayPal’ button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Depending on your account (Business or Personal) type your screen may look a little different, however, it is pretty much the same process.
· Click the ‘Wallet’ button in the main menu near the top of the screen
· Here you should see the credit card you have linked to your account, now click confirm credit card.
· Click the ‘Ok’ button and a small charge (around USD$2 at the time of writing this ‘How To article’) will be charged to your account. This charge, however, will be refunded to your account at the end of your confirmation process.
· A 4 digit code will appear on your credit card statement in the next 24-48 hours. You can retrieve this code using your online banking account or by calling your credit card centre (their phone number can usually be found in fine print at the back of your credit card) and asking them for the 4 digit code.
· Once you have received the 4 digit code, log back into your PayPal account, go back into your wallet and click on the credit card you want to confirm.
· Enter the 4 digit code on the box provided and click the ‘Confirm’ button.
· Click the ‘Balance’ button in the main menu
· Near the bottom of the screen you will see all the credit cards you have linked to your PayPal account. Click on the VISA card you wish to verify.
· Here you should see ‘Lift limits’ or ‘credit card is not confirmed’. Click which ever notation appears next to your card and follow the steps in the FOR PERSONAL section above.
YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW VERIFIED BUT YOU STILL NEED TO ACTIVATE A WITHDRAWAL METHOD
How to Activate the Withdrawal Method
After verifying your credit card to receive payments, you MUST contact PayPal either by phone or email to have your account setup for an “active withdrawal method” failure to do this will result in all your received payments being reversed and sent back to your buyer.
If you plan on calling you must visit this link to get your call code first.
Call link: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call
To get to the paypal help page just scroll to the bottom of the page and you should see “ Help & Contact”
Click there to be redirected to the Email/Call page or just visit https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home
To send an email:
· Click message centre
· Create new message
· Choose bank account/credit card as a topic
· Choose Add/Withdraw funds as a sub topic
Type a message explaining you need your account setup with an active withdrawal method in order to sell goods online.
“Good day PayPal, can I have my account setup with an active withdrawal method please? I will need this in order to sell goods online. Thanks in advance for your time!”
After logging in to your PayPal account:
1. Click 'Profile' in the top right corner
2. Then click 'My Selling tools' in the menu
3. Locate the 'block payments' section and click 'update' on the right.
4. You will see 'Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:', choose 'Yes, accept and convert them to U.S. Dollars' from the check boxes below.
5. Now click the 'Save' button.
Once you have received the confirmation email from PayPal you are free to sell on BimBuy!