How To Sell
How to Sell
Adding products to sell on BimBuy.com is incredibly simple, but first you will need to update your payment and shipping information (instructions below).
IN ORDER TO ADD PAYMENT SETTINGS AND RECIEVE MONEY, YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT MUST BE CONFIRMED FIRST AND HAVE AN ACTIVE WITHDRAWAL METHOD. INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS PROCESS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
This can be found by clicking on your profile picture or login name ->Account settings ->Payment settings and you are there! Here you will need to enter the first name, last name and email address attached to your PayPal Account. Make sure your account is confirmed on PayPal first, otherwise BimBuy will not allow you to add your information in the payment settings.
The PayPal Account that you apply in this section will be used for both sending and receiving money when making purchases or selling items on BimBuy.
ONLY USERS WITH VISA CARDS (DEBIT OR CREDIT) CAN SELL ITEMS ON BIMBUY.COM. MASTERCARD OR OTHER CREDIT CARDS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW FUNDS ON PAYPAL (IN BARBADOS). PLEASE CHECK WITH PAYPAL FIRST TO ENSURE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS CAPABLE OF RECEIVING MONEY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SELL ITEMS.
After setting up your payment information there are just a few quick steps to add a product to sell.
Here are the steps:
- Click the ‘Add product’ link located in the menu above the search bar. This is the same menu where you would find the ‘sign up’ and ‘login’/’my account’ buttons.
- Once you are on the ‘Add Product’ page, you will see a check box asking you “Is this a large item?” (large items are defined as items that require additional man power for transportation or fragile items such as antiques. Special care will be given to these items while loading the delivery truck and during the trip to be delivered to your customer.). It is very important that this checkbox is checked if these conditions apply to the item you are selling, if a large item is not registered as such the order will be cancelled.
- Enter your product name, description and brand name. This is important when users search for your product so be sure to double check spelling and other typos to make sure your product arrives at the top of the list when searched for.
- Select the condition of the item. Is it New or Used? If it is used be sure to CLEARLY state any existing damages to the item in the description and pictures. Otherwise buyers might take their money back and leave you with a bad review.
- Enter the actual price of the item, if you have a special or sale on this item you can enter a discounted price, if not just leave this field blank. The calculated price shows how much money is left over for you after BimBuy’s commission charges are deducted. Please note this has nothing to do with paypal’s transaction fees or your bank fees.
- Select the category and subcategory for your product.
- Enter the quantity of units for this item. This lets users know how many units of this item you have left in stock. The BimBuy platform also automatically keeps a tally of this quantity as they sell. So when the quantity reaches 0 the item becomes unavailable for sale. Don’t forget to update this quantity if you sell any of these offline!
- Upload some pictures of the item.
- Click submit! That’s it, you’re done! The item is now up for sale
Update Shipping Settings
Click on your username or profile picture->Account Settings->My Shipping Address. Then use the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons to zoom in and out of the Barbados Map. You can alternate between the ‘map’ and ‘satellite’ views using their respective buttons in the top left corner of the map to find your house/delivery location. Once you have found your building, drag and drop the red pin on it. You will also see a prompt from your browser pop up and If you happen to be in the delivery location at the time of updating these settings, you can click the allow button on the pop up that says something like “BimBuy.com would like to use your current location” (this will automatically detect your location on the map). Then fill in your address information and click save address
Once the item is picked up and delivered you can expect to be able to request money within a few days. Keep in mind we allocate 3 days maximum for shipping, but it is usually faster (same day or next day).
You can check to see the status of your money by clicking on your username over the search bar->Orders. Here you can see your balance.
You can see all the items you have for sale in your store by clicking username->My Store.
You can also tell all your customers to find your store by searching for your BimBuy username in the search bar.
Sometimes buyers may want some more information about your product and might send you a message, so don’t forget to regularly check your inbox! You can find your messages by clicking your username->Messages.
Congratulations on your new online store! We wish you the best of luck and plentiful sales.
If at any time you have problems uploading items to sell please let us know via email at email@example.com.